I know I’ve said it time and time again, but I really am discovering more and more recently how massively important cooking and food is to my life. That must seem like a completely redundant statement from someone writing their own food blog, but I do think there is a difference between being enjoying cooking and it truly being your passion. I have so many friends who say the do like cooking, but at the end of a long and stressful day’s work the last thing they want to do is labour in the kitchen for another hour or so. Me however, if I’m stressed or upset or even feeling a bit unwell, the kitchen is the first place I go to. I find cooking and following a recipe so soothing and relaxing, and exciting to watch as it all comes together and turns out into something really tasty!
One of my all time favourite meals to make, is actually one of the simplest and quickest! I’ve been wanting to share this with you all for ages – this Chorizo & Mozzarella Gnocchi is so perfect for so many reasons. As it is so quick and simple, it’s a brilliant thing to make if you’re in a rush to head back out again, but the best thing with simple recipes is that the small amount of ingredients really can take centre stage. Gnocchi is just the best thing ever, and with the mozzarella it makes this a wonderfully homely, comforting meal. Add to that the cherry tomatoes and chorizo for a bit of freshness a punchy flavour, you just can’t go wrong with this meal.
Chorizo & Mozzarella Gnocchi – Serves 2
1/2 chorizo ring, finely diced
500g pack gnocchi
125g cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 ball mozzarella, finely diced/shredded
- Add the diced chorizo to a hot frying pan, dry frying until the oils are released and they start to crisp up
- Tip in the gnocchi, frying in the chorizo oil until they crisp slightly on the outside, and soften slightly in texture
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stirring into the chorizo and gnocchi just to warm through
- Follow with the balsamic vinegar and basil, stirring to combine all the flavours
- Quickly scatter the mozzarella and give a final gentle stir to mix through, careful to not let the mozzarella melt too much in the pan. Serve immediately.
I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy meal as much as we do, it is certainly a firm favourite in our household!
Lotsa Love, Abbie x